Search This Blog

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Dog Shaming.

This has been an interesting week so far to say the least. The weekend went well, we relaxed, ate our healthy meals for our cleanse, went apartment and house hunting... the work day Monday flew by, and then by Tuesday things took a turn for the worse....

After a nice note on our door around a month ago about our dog howling during the day, my techie boyfriend decided to set up a camera in the "dog's room" to record them while we were gone. What we saw BLEW OUR MINDS. Nova, our 2 year old Husky, about 30 minutes in to us leaving, threw a temper tantrum.. all. day. long. He howled, threw himself on the floor of his cage, bit his cage and lifted the whole front side up, and then repeated it all over again. So, we decided to try to leave the dogs in the bedroom while we left for dinner another night. He sat in front of the door and whined. The next day, we blocked off the upstairs to let them roam the kitchen and living room. We recorded it again, and the dogs were fine. Slept all day. This went on for about 3 solid, heavenly weeks, and then Tuesday happened. On my way home Van called to tell me the dogs had chewed up one of my coach bags. My newest, most favorite bag nonetheless. I left work early yesterday, Wednesday, and came home to find presents left on my floor. The bodily function remnants of my coach bag, on my shaggy WHITE rug. They couldn't have done it on the hard wood floor that covers the entire downstairs, they chose the rug. So today, we decided to record the dogs again. They slept all day long until maybe 45 minutes before Van got home. In that time, Nova grabbed a scarf on the back of a chair, pulled the chair down, and then proceeded to chew on the leg.

Here he is in all of his glory...

A friend of mine sent me a link to Dog Shaming. It is a HILARIOUS website full of pictures like the one of Nova. I posted Nova's picture on it today. Tomorrow, the dogs are back in their cages until we figure out a Plan B. It's too bad Bentley has to be punished...all he does is sleep on the couch all day. Has anyone else had the pleasure of coming home to a special present of some kind from your dog?
Hope the weekend comes fast, and tomorrow flies by. I need a break!!!
=Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment