Search This Blog

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Healthier Deviled Eggs

Officially our cleanse part of our challenge is over!!! We did it. Van and I have both lost weight and feel a lot better. Now, on to the 2 week intense work out part, and our packet of like 12 vitamins a day! We are still trying to find healthy, filling, and tasty things to eat throughout the day. One of our mid afternoon snacks can be eggs. As I have said before, I am not much of an egg person. They need to be doctored up a little bit. I do LOVE deviled eggs. All the yummy unhealthy goodness of them. So, I thought that maybe I could find a healthier recipe. I found some here and there, and decided to incorporate a little bit of a few in to my own.

What you need:

6 eggs
2 tbs diced onions
1 tsp Chili Powder
1 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Dijon Mustard
1 tsp Spicy Mustard
1 tsp Light Mayo
or plain greek yogurt (but Van refuses to eat that)

Hard boil your eggs. I usually put them in cool water, turn the burner on high, and bring the water to a boil. Once it has boiled for a minute or two, turn the burner to simmer and simmer for one minute. Then, turn off the burner, put a lid on the pan, and let the eggs sit for 12 minutes. Then cool your eggs and peel. This way have worked for me every time. No greenish colored yolks!

Slice your eggs in half, scoop out the yolks in to a separate bowl. Mix in your other ingredients and stir. Put the mixture back in to your eggs and sprinkle with Paprika. Chill in the refrigerator before serving. 


They are pretty good! Give them a try.

-Megan

 

No comments:

Post a Comment